You need to get out more!

0 Conversations

And do what?

Be surrounded by the brainless masses in their bad clothing choices, mouthing their inane patois, buying things they need only because they are addicted to them, not because they have any use for them?


You need to get cable/satellite!

Why? So I can watch the only channel I can stand for eight or ten hours while I'm home and tape what I miss while I'm at work, and then try to work out a schedule so that I can watch two week's ago's episode before I watch this week's? No thank you. Been there. Got the scar and the t-shirt.


You need to get a new computer with highspeed whatsit!

Oh. Really? Why?

Oh, it's much faster than whosit and you can download this and that and the other and it's brighter and louder and costs more than anything you've ever bought in your life!

Right, so I can sit and watch youtube eight hours a day and see five minute clips of old movies, television shows and stupid pet tricks... all for 49.95 a month. I'm only paying 19.95 right now and I'm so happy I can't contain myself... YIPPPPPEEEE!!!

Nurse, get a syringe!

You need to get a car!

Why? I like my bicycle and my feet.

You can go further faster!

Right. So I can be around those people I was talking about in the first paragraph. Only in a different town.

"They say that travel broadens the mind."

I'd rather mind the broads in a bad novel I'm reading or writing.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A28588251

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more