New features in DNA 2.0

0 Conversations


6 March, 2003: Changes to h2g2 (DNA 2.0 ?)


We're adding a handful of new features to the site today. These changes aren't major ones and you might be relieved to know there won't be any server downtime! Many of these are relatively minor tweaks to the skins (eg a logout confirmation box, the introduction of Logout buttons to Classic and Alabaster skins and the addition of all of the volunteer badges to all of the skins), but here are the main changes you may notice:


Tree Views for Categorisation


The categorisation context for each Entry is now shown, in a series of links directly above each article. For example, if you look at the top of the Entry on County Durham, you can see that it belongs to: The Universe/The Earth/Europe/United Kingdom/England/Durham and you can now access these categories by clicking on them. If the Entry belongs to more than one category then both are shown.


Online status on Personal Spaces


A Researcher's online status is given - indicated by the 'eyes' icon next to the Researcher's name in the 'User Data' margin on the right.


Last Time Researcher Posted Information


The last time a researcher posted to the site has been added to all of the skins on the Personal Space pages.


'Unread Conversations' Indicator in Brunel skin


An asterisk in the blue bar at the top of the 'My Conversations' window enables the user to see if there are any unread conversations without maximising the screen.


If you spot any bugs in the new features, please post them to the Bugs Feedback Forum and we'll see what we can do.

Versions

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2825859

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more