Photo Competition Finalist: Sunset over the Ebro Delta

1 Conversation

A fiery sunset
A Sunset over the Ebro Delta, by Pete Brown of Shropshire.

This is what Pete had to say:

The photograph was taken in January 2004 in the Ebro Delta region of Catalonia, Spain. The Ebro Delta is the largest stretch of wetland in Catalonia, and the second most important aquatic environment in the Western Mediterranean; it is also an important breeding ground for birds, and a stopping place for migrant birds. Added to this, the region is home to many human settlements, many of which still practice traditional methods of farming and hunting, both of which serve to provide a habitat for the fauna, and also keep in check any dominant species.

Any sunset that combines the beautiful colours of a dramatic dusk with the reflective properties of water is more or less guaranteed to make a beautiful picture, but the richness and vibrancy of the colours of this particular shot took our breath away. Quite simply, this was perhaps the most spectacular photograph that we received out of the hundreds of entries, so we felt that for stunning beauty alone it deserved a place in the Top 10.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A2812943

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more