A Conversation for Vegetarian Food For Meat-Eaters

Simple Ethnic Twists...

Post 1

Rivkeh Yankee-Shoes... bashing about the BoE again

The conjoining factor between my veggie flatmate and my carnivore self were her amazing middle eastern and Medditerranean recipes.

Hummus and Tabouli are great starters, they have lots of flavour, and can be eaten in pita bread which is quite popular at the moment.

Hummous is pureed chick peas (garbanzo beans) about one can, drained, two tablespoons of olive oil, two tablespoons of tahini (sesame seed butter), the juice of a whole lemon, and lots of garlic to taste! It's also nice with roasted red peppers mixed in and paprika sprinkled on the top.

Tabouli is a grain salad made of hydrated bulgar wheat or cous-cous, cukes, tomatoes, and spices.

Pita breat (or flat bread, or Arabic bread) is made unleavened and is best when whole wheats are used.

Falafel is also a nice choice, as are spinach pies, stir frys, and anything that is pretty and spiced well... spicing well is the secret to keeping a meat eater happy... we like flavour!

Oh, and for those of you who are like me and cannot stomach soy... chick peas are a nice alternative. Chick burgers are far superior taste wise, filling wise, and in my case health wiae.

bon appetit!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more