Poppy Z. Brite

1 Conversation

Discovered a wonderful author last week...Poppy Z. Brite. Read her first book "Lost Souls" and think that I have found an author who writes just for me. The book contained everything that gets my imagination working overtime, and I was unable to put it down, for fear of misplacing it and having to go for more than a few hours without getting my fix of her words.
Bought her next two books today. "Swamp Foetus" & "Drawing Blood". I look forward to reading them with a passion I have never before experienced for words alone.
Are there any other Poppy Z. Brite fans out there. Let me know...Especially if you have a copy of the ferret photo mentioned in the introduction of "Swamp Foetus" :)
I go now to dream. To dream of Nothing, of Ghost, of Zillah, of Missing Mile & Orleans, of Blood and Alcohol. For in my dreams, I can become a part of the world which calls to me, but which I will never be able to reach during my waking hours.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A279308

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more