• Founder and wife - death of wife and formation of the festival on the grounds of the ranch.
• Growth as a festival from its start to today
• Talk about Rod Kennedy's retirement in 2002 and the renovation of the ranch facilities
• The music
• wine, beer and food
• Loser Kamp, Camp Sweetness and Light, Camp Cuisine, etc. - talk about how each camp has its own theme and group of musicians that hold forth in the grounds. Also stake-out spots.
• Kerrvirgins, Kerrverts, and other native creatures.
From website -
The Quiet Valley Ranch is a 50-acre ranch in the heart of the beautiful Texas Hill Country, just 9 miles south of the resort town of Kerrville on TX Hwy 16. Home of the world famous Kerrville Folk Festival, the Quiet Valley Ranch is open year-round for camping.
Half of the QV Ranch is for tent and/or RV camping. The other half consists of the big outdoor theater, backstage and parking areas. We have 82 RV hook-up sites, some with water/electricity/sewer, and some with water and electricity only. We also have lots of space for primitive tent camping.
More than just the place where the Kerrville Music Festivals are located, the QV Ranch is a beautiful place to come out, relax, and count the stars. You can even rent the QV Ranch for your own event. The ranch can accommodate up to 5000 people. It’s the perfect place for events such as outdoor concerts, retreats, and even re-enactor gatherings.