Welcome Home - The Kerrville Folk Festival

0 Conversations

Outline

Back history
• Founder and wife - death of wife and formation of the festival on the grounds of the ranch.
• Growth as a festival from its start to today
• Talk about Rod Kennedy's retirement in 2002 and the renovation of the ranch facilities

The amphitheater
• The music
• booths
• wine, beer and food

The campfires
• Loser Kamp, Camp Sweetness and Light, Camp Cuisine, etc. - talk about how each camp has its own theme and group of musicians that hold forth in the grounds. Also stake-out spots.
• Kerrvirgins, Kerrverts, and other native creatures.

From website -

The Quiet Valley Ranch is a 50-acre ranch in the heart of the beautiful Texas Hill Country, just 9 miles south of the resort town of Kerrville on TX Hwy 16. Home of the world famous Kerrville Folk Festival, the Quiet Valley Ranch is open year-round for camping.

Half of the QV Ranch is for tent and/or RV camping. The other half consists of the big outdoor theater, backstage and parking areas. We have 82 RV hook-up sites, some with water/electricity/sewer, and some with water and electricity only. We also have lots of space for primitive tent camping.

More than just the place where the Kerrville Music Festivals are located, the QV Ranch is a beautiful place to come out, relax, and count the stars. You can even rent the QV Ranch for your own event. The ranch can accommodate up to 5000 people. It’s the perfect place for events such as outdoor concerts, retreats, and even re-enactor gatherings.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2782569

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more