A Conversation for Being a movie extra.

Personal experience

Post 1

Mat

A few personal experiences working as an extra in 2008 in Hamburg, Germany;

1st - TV Movie

As a football fan watching a game in a pub in Hamburg.
Sat in the extras' bus. Drank coffee. Ate sandwhiches.
Eventually asked to go into the pub and stand in a certian spot while the main actor came in and "received a phone call".
Had to leave the set for half an hour while they moved cameras to the other side of the bar for reverse shots.
Went back and did the same thing.
Got 60 euros for a day (6 hours)smiley - smiley.


2nd - A TV show

Sat in a meeting room in a hotel and worked pretty much all day from 10:30 to 18:30 with an hour for lunch.
Was in the backgound in a cafe and in the lobby as a businessman. Had to walk across lobby several times from different angles. Was on my feet a lot! smiley - sadface Again 60 Euros for the day.


3rd

About 5 hours in the evening for a very short low budget film. Was paid 20 euros. Had to walk through an office several times.


4th

TV series - was a cruiseship passenger walking from ship(just the gangway) into cruise centre over and over, although only from 9 till 13:00 and got paid for the full day(60 Euros)smiley - smiley. Ended up working with some of the extras from my 1st time as a football fan.


Key: Complain about this post

Personal experience

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more