A Conversation for SPACEBALLS: The Article

Feedback

Post 1

bludragon, aka the Dragon Queen of Damogran

hullo, hullo, Tatty
no, no, don't get up, it's just me blu, I dont wear my crown outside of Damogran...

Just wanted to let you know that Spaceballs is one of my favorite movies, and that I think your article is a pretty good commentary.

As you noted, you might want to expand some of the sections. One of my favorite actors, Rick Moranis was in Spaceballs fairly early in his movie career, and before the 'honey, I shrunk the...' movies . He had just been in Ghostbusters and Little Shop of Horrors and then made Ghostbusters II after Spaceballs. Spaceballs was one of the movies that helped his career get started.

Other characters you could add to your cast list:
Princess Vespa Daphne Zuniga
King Roland Dick Van Patten
Voice of Dot Joan Rivers

You can also get Spaceballs at several locations on the web, here are a few I found:
Reel.com
comedymovies.net
starscomeout.com

I have added a couple of links to Spaceballs sites to the other thread, too.
smiley - smiley

blu
}:=8



Feedback

Post 2

Bluebottle

Incidently - I got my copy of Spaceballs from HMV for £10, after seeing it on TV.
"Halliwell's Film Guide" as well as IMDB does not include the existence of a Spaceballs 2, so I doubt it exists. smiley - sadface Sorry.


Feedback

Post 3

bludragon, aka the Dragon Queen of Damogran

I agree. I suspect that Spaceballs 2 was a Mel Brooks joke...much like the number 42 was a Douglas Adams joke

smiley - winkeye

}:=8


Feedback

Post 4

Bluebottle

That's what I believe too. So, sorry Tatty.
Also, remember the "Planet Of The Apes" spoof at the end with Mega Maid's head like the Statue of Liberty.


Feedback

Post 5

Tatty42

T'is a shame about spaceballs 2.

Shh! I left that bit out 'cos I didn't want to give too much of the humour away!!

Thank you all for your comments so far. T'is much appreciated. Maybe I'll write an article on Robin Hood: Men in Tights (unless someones beaten me to it)!?

I'll stick a link in here for your Mel Brooks article, blu. smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more