A Conversation for Young Snugfit's news from the tracks.

Friday 18th February

Post 1

Young Snugfit

There were after snorters all round last night after one of my first tips, The Pickled Duke, romped home yesterday. I cannot promise such success all the time but you never know! I have one or two tips for the weekend smiley - winkeye

SportingLife.com has nominated Ploutocrat's victory at Sandown as their performance of the day, but are fairly scathing of the poor nag's chances out of anything but "lowly company"!

Boss Doyle lines up to race against Limestone Lad and Dorans Pride in the McCabe Builders Ltd Boyne Hurdle at Navan on Sunday. Partnered by Charlie Swan. Trainer Mouse Morris said: "Boss Doyle runs on Sunday but doesn't go to Cheltenham. His big race target will probably be the three-mile hurdle at Aintree in April. He's in great form at the moment and I am hopeful for a big run on Sunday."

Another visitor to Aintree will be the Norwegian raider, Trinitro, who won the Norsk Grand National at Ovrevoll in September. His trainer is please with the weight alloted to him and is hopeful that he will get a run. "The horse is in tremendous form, he was blood tested on Friday and it has never been better. "He is not very big but is a real bold jumper who stays all day so the Grand National will be right up his street.If he gets round I really do think he has a good chance to pick up some prize money.

Tony McCoy was left hovering on 199 winners for the season after riding a double at Taunton. The champion jockey has five booked rides at Sandown Park today and one victory will see him break his own record for the quickest 200 set on February 28, 1998.



Key: Complain about this post

Friday 18th February

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more