A Conversation for Theories on the Universe's Existence and Origin

The Ultimate Origin

Post 1

Nexton

I honestly never thought I'd make it through this entry. You are always very through, it's a compliment.

Now I have a few new possibilities to sort through before can I figure the secrets of the universe out. I was particularly impressed with the alien lab theory. I hope they continue to play nice.

Do you have a singular personal preferance for, or belief of, how the universe was created?


The Ultimate Origin

Post 2

Nexton

smiley - rofl


The Ultimate Origin

Post 3

Baryonic Being - save GuideML out of a word-processor: A7720562

Thanks for the compliment. smiley - smiley

My personal preference of theory is number 5 - the universe created itself, although I have no real reason to prefer this one over the 'no-beginning', ekpyrotic and the free universe theories. I specifically don't like theory 3 about the universe splitting in two; I think that 10-dimensional universes are unstable, but don't split up into 4- and 6-dimensional spaces - that's just like a 3D cube splitting up into a square and a line. And besides, splits don't cause bangs usually.

The VSL theory goes against Einstein's constancy of light speed postulate, and that's my main reason for disliking that theory, though the evidence does seem to be very interesting.

And, I'm an atheist, so there's no chance that I'll believe theory 8.


The Ultimate Origin

Post 4

Nexton

I think String theroy requires a minimum of 11 dimensions for the math to fit rite, and M theory describes the number dimensions as being some profound, almost infinate number, of dimensions(the loops).
So thinking along that line #3 is kinda obsoliete.

I'm what they consider agnostic, so I definatly don't buy into #8 eather.

Did you ever read about the Oscolite Universe Theory, where would that fit in here?


The Ultimate Origin

Post 5

Baryonic Being - save GuideML out of a word-processor: A7720562

No, I've never heard of that. What is it?


The Ultimate Origin

Post 6

Nexton

I think it's older and, of course, probably out dated, but it was quite eligent.

Everything is moving out from one point (the big BANG), rite. Well eventually it's going to start coming back in on it's self (detalis would hurt my fingers, but you can work it out, hint, hint, dark matter). When it gets all the way back "in" it will bang again and start over. Agin and again. Hense oscolite.

If that was too tecnical, my apoligies. LOl


The Ultimate Origin

Post 7

Baryonic Being - save GuideML out of a word-processor: A7720562

Oh, I see. It's the eternal big bang idea. Theory one is most akin to that, and if the value of omega - the critical density of the universe - is less than 1 (I think), then the universe will collapse again, and in theory one, it would logically re-expand after that. Hence, the oscillating universe.


The Ultimate Origin

Post 8

Nexton



Precisly winston.

Even if it dosen't collapse because of the omega factor, it will eventually run outa "space" to expand. Even in a spherical dimension it will run into itself and rebound.

Just a thought.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Theories on the Universe's Existence and Origin

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more