A Conversation for God

a lot of misinformed irreverent trash

Post 1

How

If you are going to discuss God, do it properly, with respect to His rather large presence in many people's beleifs, and research the facts.

After reading your first few, I was so overwhelmed by how misinformed it was, that I rather doubt the capability of this entry to inform at all.


a lot of misinformed irreverent trash

Post 2

Miguelito

Aren't you asking too much? I mean, how is a non-believer supposed to show respect for something in which he has no belief? The non-believer may show YOU some respect for YOUR beliefs but your request that he show respect for something in which he doesn't believe is unreasonable.

And please explain how a person properly discusses God...if that person doesn't believe in Him/Her.

And as for facts...perhaps you could inform that person just exactly where he/she is supposed to find them...the facts, that is.


a lot of misinformed irreverent trash

Post 3

JABITheW

I think it's great. As pratchett and Gaiman wrote, the worst thing you could do would be to take it seriously. We've ssen what happens when people take God seriously.


a lot of misinformed irreverent trash

Post 4

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

I agree with the subject line of this thread. Beliefs surrounding God are generally a lot of misinformed irrelevant trash.


a lot of misinformed irreverent trash

Post 5

Twophlag Gargleblap - NWO NOW

How come these dorks never stick around to actually argue? Ever notice how theological debates tend to involve guerilla-style hit-and-run screamings of illiterate rhetoric? Silly Jeezians.


a lot of misinformed irreverent trash

Post 6

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

It depends on the article, I guess. My Failure of Christianity article seemed to get them battling for weeks.


a lot of misinformed irreverent trash

Post 7

Kiteman

You want a battle? I've pointed Garvan at this article!


a lot of misinformed irreverent trash

Post 8

JABITheW

Hehehe. This should be fun. I like watching Christians agree that all those other religions are self-evidently rubbish, but you've got the wrong end of the stick with God, 'cos he's really real, yeah?


a lot of misinformed irreverent trash

Post 9

christopherpthomas

I seriously doubt Garvan would bother registering. However, he's got a knack for surprising people... smiley - smiley

For some serious God bashing, YEC destroying, and general myth busting, I recommend that people read this: http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/list.html

because it really is rather good.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more