The Misadventures of the USS Xenithia

0 Conversations

USS Xenithia, Captain's Log.

Stardate: 20043.5.927


Authors Note: This is purely for amusement purposes. Abandon hope of sanity all ye who enter here!

Given command of NCS14681, USS Xenithia. Antares class scientific vessel. First command transferred & promoted from First Officer position onboard now decommissioned USS Inquisitive.
Preliminary examination of craft reveals some unusual features:

Xenithia is non-standard configuration comprising of trapezoid main saucer with secondary hull slung beneath housing sensor & scanner array and separate, detachable section housing telescope array. Dual nacelles, MARA class core with maximum warp factor being 7.5 according to schematics. Weapons systems are minimal; 2 phaser banks one bay for photon torpedoes. Shields rated at 150% over current standard at full power. General presentation is somewhat similar to Norway Class. Seems to be hybrid of aforementioned Norway Class & Oberth Class.

Specifications:

  • Height: 42m
  • Width: 35m
  • Length: 250m
  • Decks: 12
  • Maximum Capacity: 110 Persons
  • Warp Capability: MARA Class core to maximum velocity of Warp Factor 7.5
  • Impulse Engines: Federation Standard
  • Computer Systems: DCLD (Duatronics)
  • Crew Quotient: 75
  • Civillians: 0
  • Command: 10

Engineering survey reveals all systems in FWO, concern raised over power drain from shielding and sensor/scanner arrays and low warp capability.

Xenithia is scheduled to leave Space Dock later today for test run in Sol system.

Crew detail, Command:

RANKNAMESPECIES
Captain:M'jel Tkiran El-Aurian
First Officer:B’Rio Vor-AthKlingon
Helm:Keladryn Maer Betazoid
Tactical:Scott Cristo Terran/Human
Security/Weapons:Rai-jen S’vageVulcan
Medical:Robert 'Bob' DaVinciTerran/Human
Science:Albert 'The Prof' HawkingTerran/Human
Communications:T'Aurus KeltynVulcan
Engineering:RatchetCybertronian Mechanoid
Ships Pet:ScorchAustralian Bearded Dragon

I believe the additions of a Cybertronian and a reptile to the crew are unprecedented in the history of Star Fleet. I am unsure as to when Cybertron became a member of the federation and will address the issue with Ratchet himself. I am reliably informed by command that Ratchet is to be housed in Shuttle Bay 2, which has been specially modified and should prove to be of ample size for his 36-foot tall frame in robot mode.

First tour of duty is investigation of remote asteroid in Vulcan sector, designated Q-Alpha 3554 P, due to its unusual chemical signatures and recent energy fluctuations recorded in the area. Once survey of body is completed Xenithia is officially free to explore further anomalies.

Will report on test flight results as available.

=END LOG=

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2413973

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more