Red Kite in the Ruck

0 Conversations

The Zurich Premiership was on hold this week while players took their places in the National Teams for the Six Nations. It was not a good weekend for the home teams with only Ireland winning their game. The only country to have won all their fixtures so far in the tournament is France who are still in line for a Grand Slam. Scotland played Italy and lost 14 - 20; Wales played France and lost 22 - 29; England played Ireland and lost 13 - 19. There was some good rugby played but unfortunately not by the world champions; their game could only be described as a bit mediocre with the Irish charging them down. Wales fought to go ahead of France and put up a magnificent effort against the dancing French. Well done Ireland, on the day it was you who deserved to win.

The next weekend in this tournament commences on Saturday 20th March with England v Wales at Twickenham and Ireland v Italy at Lansdowne Road. Sunday 21st (Mothers Day - get your priorities right!) Scotland v France in Edinburgh.

I have reached a conclusion, its very easy to say two things when you are winning, 'its only a game' and 'it's the taking part that counts'. Tell that to the teams that lost!!

Red Kite in the Ruck Archive

Red Kite

11.03.04 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2410480

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more