A Conversation for h2g2 Freaks

My sad tale.

Post 1

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

I... am a freak. I was born without a sense of humour.

I have had to spend my life pretending to get jokes and trying to laugh at just the right moment, at exactly the things that other people, people with senses of humour, laugh. This is a constant strain, particularly since I have to concentrate so hard on not looking like I'm always concentrating, which is a definite give away that I have no sense of humour. You see?

Since I've been old enough to wear baggy trouser, I've been able t conceal a prosthetic sense of humour device made of feathers, which has proven itself to be very useful. It helps a lot; although it does get hot sometimes and the constant quiet buzzing forces me to decline invitations to anything not extremely serious at the theatre. And, since it runs on batteries I find my humourous response is quite variable in a way that suggests moodiness but isn't.

Prosthesis on: smiley - rofl

Prosthesis off: smiley - geek

Prosthesis on again: smiley - rofl

Prosthesis off again: smiley - geek

Well, I suppose you get the idea.

JTG smiley - geek


My sad tale.

Post 2

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

hey there, sorry about your tale of woe. If you want you could join in with the 'I'm a freak too' convo, I feel the need for some serious advertising to get this place back up and running


smiley - cheers


My sad tale.

Post 3

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Triffik! Thanks. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more