A Conversation for German Phrases

Columns

Post 1

The Cheese

What's the GuideML tag for putting that stuff into the seperate columns like you did?


Columns

Post 2

Taipan - Jack of Hearts


just came across this, and thought I'd also post it here in case your waiting specifically for it.


Left Title
Left Text
Right Title
Right Text


Columns

Post 3

kats-eyes (psychically confirmed caffeine addict)

erm, Taipan...
I found 1 tiny erring - in the german for "Dream something nice" the "schön und"-bit is out of context...

but you did a beautiful job there, thanks!
smiley - winkeye
k-e


Columns

Post 4

Researcher 08/15, theTAMMOnator

right, and you should remove the questionmark after 'Das habe ich nicht verstanden'

btw, why don't you add some 4-letter-words?? it's often very interesting to learn them in a foreign language. or is it that you don't know em, then i can submit some for you


Columns

Post 5

Researcher 99947

TheTAMMOnator 08/15, could you please update your user page? Purty please??? smiley - smiley


Columns

Post 6

Researcher 08/15, theTAMMOnator

well, lets see when i have enough time to do that. right now i am pretty busy (and pi**ed off, cuz this website is so slow, and cuz it's much too serious)


Columns

Post 7

Taipan - Jack of Hearts


The Guide? Too Serious?

Not at all. Take a look around and you'll find stacks of light hearted articles/discussions/groups etc. Perhaps one good place to start would be The Fringe at http://www.h2g2.com/A23211

This should provide links as well as an interesting acount of how The Guide is being developed.

After this, perhaps you'd like to purchase a 'virtual donut', you'll find links to this on the Aces homepage, among others.

I agree that at the moment 'The Guide' is running slowly, however. I would imagine this is a result of the hundreds of new subscribers joining every day. From time to time, TPTB have a 'recruiting' seminar, using press releases and such which always results in a plethora of new researchers joining up.

In my experience, the majority of researchers always stick around as there is something here to interest every walk of life - this is one of the tenets of 'The Guide' - as you would expect.

In addition, to date anyway, on the occasions when 'The Guide' has experienced problems, the technical gurus have always addressed this problem in one way or another, so I'm sure the service will soon be up to speed with the many access calls on it. This may take 'some' time, however.

Stick with it, update your homepage, take a look around. I'm sure you'll be glad someday thay you have.


Four Letter Words

Post 8

Taipan - Jack of Hearts


Let's see now......

fish.

book.

bike.

flame.

Yeah, I know some...

There are others, and if you wish, submit an article that includes them, and I'll certainly link to it. I haven't put them on the entry page as some people may take offense, so I think a link to your article would be best for those that wish to check them out.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more