A Conversation for Ping Pong

Ping pong and Table Tennis...

Post 1

TimJ (ACE)

Forgive me if im mistaken, but I was under the impression that ping pong was where you hit the ball onto the other guys side, who hits it so that it will hit his side and then yours (Causing it to bounce twice on each side) whereas table tennis is the version on your entry.
Anyone know?


Ping pong and Table Tennis...

Post 2

Ploppy

I'd always thought that Ping pong and Table Tennis were one and the same, the only difference being the American predilection for naming things differently to everyone else.

I used to play TT in a local league, but gave up when people took it so seriously. I mean, the 8th division of the district table tennis league is hardly the pinnacle of world sport smiley - smiley All I wanted to do was have a good game and then drink a couple of pints bought by the loser. It cost me a fortune in my first season!


Ping pong and Table Tennis...

Post 3

TimJ (ACE)

Yeah, I see your point!
I once played in a 'friendly' tournament, but we wont go into that....

Surely the drinking began to influence your playing later on in the games, or would their be a mass drinking at the endsmiley - smiley?


Ping pong and Table Tennis...

Post 4

Ploppy

Like I said, the beer was bought by the loser. Kinda hard to identify the loser when the games haven't finished, dontya think? smiley - bigeyes

Anyway, tell us more about your "Friendly" Tournament.......


Ping pong and Table Tennis...

Post 5

TimJ (ACE)

It was when I was a lot younger, and uncoordinated as hell, and this not being a particually commercial tornament the judges played in the tounament as well, which added to the courruptedness. As I have said, I was pretty uncoordinated and had no idea about the rules at that time smiley - smiley so I was taken advantage...

Needless to say I didnt do too well, but I have since got much better, and have a fair knowledge of the rules smiley - smiley

(Its not being a sore loser, the tournament WAS corrupt!)


Ping pong and Table Tennis...

Post 6

tokoeka

Technically, I believe you're right... I took some lessons in Table Tennis, and there we used to play a different game called Ping Pong now and then. In Ping Pong, every shot is like a serve in Table Tennis -- which means that every shot has to bounce once on each side of the table, as opposed to just once, on your opponent's side.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more