Updating is the parent's responsibility. We only do data entry.

0 Conversations


News Alert from News Thirteen: The fastest with the newsiest!

Office staff at Lord of Merci Parochial School pretended to walk off the job today in a move designed to highlight their objection to criticism that they are not doing their jobs in an efficient manner.

The symbolic work stoppage was not noticed by the Administration or the students until local news outlets made the story known.

Anonymous spokespersons for the staff announced through the closed door to the staff tea lounge that while they had no demands, a statement would be forthcoming after the office dictionary and someone who could type had been rooted out.

The rumored situation came to a head after half the parents who have students in the school signed a petition protesting that the reams of paperwork that they have been forced to fill out every school term were not being used to update student's files and emergency call data.

Further comment through the closed lounge door indicated that if the parents thought they could do a better job, then they were welcome to apply for a position at the school after some of the staff have retired from their lifetime contracts.

Dr. Anthony Parabellum, the Headbaster of the Lord of Merci School for the past eight years, indicated in a mispelled handwrought note on the back of a Chinese takeout menu that he would review the contracts and the personnel files of the office staff once he had discovered where they had hidden them. In a cell phone video interview with Swedish broadcast media, he said, "I know many of them by sight, but I haven't found the time to learn their names. I am confidant that any oversight or undersight can be outercome. If they were not truly competent, then I believe that my predecessors would not have kept them on."


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2244917

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more