A Conversation for h2g2 FAQ Index

Question to add...

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Could you add a list of "named pages" to the FAQ, please? I'm struggling to remember the name of the stats page.


Question to add...

Post 2

Titania (gone for lunch)

A692903smiley - tongueout


Question to add...

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I eventually found it. It didn't help that the page I wanted to find doesn't actually work in my skin. ("Plain") smiley - tongueout

And I still think it should be linked as part of the FAQ.


Question to add...

Post 4

Titania (gone for lunch)

smiley - huh I use plain, and I have no trouble seeing the page - but then, I'm using the stylesheet Jim Lynn created...


Question to add...

Post 5

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

All I get is:

"Total Registered Members

Researchers have become members since we launched on April 28, 1999.

Edited Entries

There are currently Edited Entries in the Guide.

Twenty Most Recently Updated Conversations


Twenty Most Recently Created Guide Entries"

And, while "Researchers have become members since we launched on April 28, 1999." and "There are currently Edited Entries in the Guide." are accurate, they are hardly precise.


Question to add...

Post 6

Titania (gone for lunch)

Ah, the <./>Info</.> page - I thought you were talking about the named entries' page!smiley - doh

I see what you mean now - I don't get the clickable links in Plain skin that you get in the other skins...


Question to add...

Post 7

SEF

> "And, while "Researchers have become members since we launched on April 28, 1999." and "There are currently Edited Entries in the Guide." are accurate, they are hardly precise."

They are quite amusingly in keeping with some aspects of Hitch-Hikers Guide To The Galaxy though. smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post