A Conversation for The Don't Panic Help Centre

How does your entry become 'edited'?

Post 1

PaulEvans

I was wondering, when you have submitted entries, when/ how do they become edited? Who does this and do they then go in the guide under the relavant section - or is that something the contributor ought to do?

I was just wondering how it works, because I get a bit confused looking around on the help pages.


How does your entry become 'edited'?

Post 2

E G Mel

When you feel that your entry is of the standard for the edited guide you enter it into PeerReview where people will help you hone it to become ready for the guide. You can enter your entry by going to it and clicking on the button that says submit for review. <./>DontPanic-ReviewForums</.> explains which forum to pick for your piece, be it factual or fiction.

Once in the review system it will get commented on by the community with suggestions on how it can be improved. When it is considered ready one of the Scouts will pick it and it will be sent to be edited.

Entries are edited by the community, a group of volunteers called the Subeditors are the ones who do this.

When it has been edited it will be put into the relevant section of the guide and will become part of the edited guide.

Hope this helps a little smiley - ok

Mel smiley - hsif


How does your entry become 'edited'?

Post 3

PaulEvans

Thanks very much, that's brilliant!smiley - ok


How does your entry become 'edited'?

Post 4

E G Mel

That's what us Gurus are here for, any more questions then just give us a shout.

Mel smiley - hsif


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more