A Conversation for Friends of Tibet Library

Gone (apparently) but not forgotten

Post 1

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

This is a listing of posts, mainly Journal Entries, by Researchers who, sadly, have left h2g2 before the advent of h2g2 Friends of Tibet.

Many have had things to say which deserve to be shared.

Share and enjoy.


Gone (apparently) but not forgotten

Post 2

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

From the Journal of Mistadrong (U186164):

Free Tibet (Mar 11, 2002)

In today's mail came a letter from an ex political prisoner called Passang Lhamo, a Tibetan nun who was detained and tortured by the Chinese from 1994 to 1999 for shouting slogans in support of a free Tibet.

She has been freed but her 25 year old friend, Ngawang Sangdrol is still in prison and because of her protests has had her sentence increased and has been put on severe punishment; meaning beatings, less food and solitary confinments in a dark cell.

The governments seem unable or unwilling to confront the Chinese on the human rights of the people of Tibet. It falls on the little people to do something and thanks to the efforts of individuals some people are released from the jails. The Tibetan musician Ngawang Choephel being one example.

Hopefully this entry will cause someone to be curious enough to visit the(www) dot freetibet dot org site.


Gone (apparently) but not forgotten

Post 3

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

From the Persona l Space of No O2 (U75553):

One last thing: I don't buy anything (no, not even shoes) that is made in China, if I can avoid it. The Chinese Communist Regime has taken over Tibet in more ways than political. They've exiled Tibet's spiritual and traditional political leader, His Holiness Tenzin Gyatso the 14th Dalai Lama, and they're holding hostage many people as political prisoners. Not only that, but the influx of Chinese people into Tibet is effectively destroying the national identity of many Tibetans. Please join me in boycotting products made in China, and write to your representatives to ask the United States and the United Kingdom to join France in their support of Tibet.

Free Tibet! Don't buy things that are MADE IN CHINA

Stepping off my soapbox now.


Gone (apparently) but not forgotten

Post 4

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

From the Personal Space of ken_i_m (U94149):

Found the article on Tibet. Having recently watched the movie "Kundun" I became depressed at this reminder of the insanity taking place in the world.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more