A Conversation for The Twelve Days of Christmas

The film "The Rock"

Post 1

Cheerful Dragon

I assume you've all seen the film "The Rock". In case you haven't, it stars Ed Harris as a Marine general who takes some tourists hostage on Alcatraz and threatens to launch poison gas over San Francisco (great idea, pity he didn't do it, better if it was New York smiley - winkeye). Sean Connery and Nicholas Cage are an ex-SAS soldier and an FBI chemical weapons expert sent in to stop him.

The point is this. Early in the film someone reads out the medals Ed's character has got. I want to know which idiot decided they should be 'Three purple hearts, two silver stars and a Congressional Medal of Honour'. The first two sets of medals almost exactly fit in with 'Three french hens, two turtle doves', and I always end up adding 'And a partridge in a pear tree' instead of the Medal of Honour.


The film "The Rock"

Post 2

x1692

I seem to have noticed something similar concerning the number of fingers and handds we have. Ten fingers and two hands equaling up to twelve. Is the song about the twelve days of christmas some sick subliminal christian song about masterbation? and what about silent night? holy cow batman I may have uncovered something here.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more