A Conversation for Prayer in Schools

Falling church attendance

Post 41

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Sorry to disappoint you, but : "After they had left, the angel of the Lord suddenly appeared in a dream to Joseph with the command 'Get up, take the child and his mother, and flee to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you otherwise. Herod is searching for the child to destroy him.' Joseph got up and took the child and his mother and leeft that night for Egypt. He stayed there until the death of Herod, to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 'Out of Egypt I have called my son.'" (Matthew 2:13-15) The really cool thing about this passage is that the mentioned line of prophecy occurs nowhere in any biblical text.


Falling church attendance

Post 42

Tzench

Oops... forgot that one. smiley - smiley


The church militant

Post 43

Researcher 33337

I don't liek teh way that just being good isn't enough, you've got to worship a flawed supreme being (Who may well exist) to get into heaven. He created us with free will supposedly, who is he to judge our actions. In defence of christianity I don't think Either Hitler or Stalin were religious (Although you could say that they both believed themselves to be god)


The church militant

Post 44

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Hitler and Stalin were the furthest thing from religious, at least Christian. Hitler tried to replace popular mythology with one of his own, and Stalin banned it altogether. The "official" religion of the Third Reich was contained in Mein Kamph. The "official" religion of the Soviet Union was atheism.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more