Practise Entry

2 Conversations

The Truth

This is very hard for me as I have never told anyone how I became this way but Sara advised me to write it down so I try to link together the events that have happened to me the past year or so.
I'll start by telling you unknown reader about myself,
I will describe myself then before everything happened. I had shoulder length brown with electric blue streaks (from my mother but more about her later). Emerald green eyes, small thin blood red lips and I was quite tall for my mother’s origins. I will tell you about her; she by trade was a water nymph, supposedly to be small graceful beautiful and highly magical. Well I suppose 2 out of 4 isn't bad, I am graceful and highly magical. To be truthful I am not entirely sure about the beautiful part. I don't know about my mother because she ran off when I was 3, 13 years ago so I don't know anything about her apart from the gilt frame picture my father keeps in his workshop.
I will tell you about my father, unknown one. He is tall, muscular and a certified order of 7 which, in truth, is extremely high but that is probably where I got some of my magical talent from.
Enough descriptions I will now tell you about the day these situations began, it began normally as I grabbed some toasted bread from Mrs Cayle (our cook) AND RACED OUT. Only one thing on my mind Sara would kill me if I were late again. I ran to the stables and grabbed Meiwa my emerald horse (a present from my father for my 13th birthday) jumped on “
I turned into the stable yard of the magic academy of incantations. I was in my final year and under the tuition of the toughest teacher Sara, an order 8 enchantress, the only one in the academy!
Because I have a nymph for a mother and an order 7, nearly order 8, for a father I was one of the most powerful pupils in the school, a reason for Sara to be every other reason to be hard on me.
That morning I went into the study room of Sara where she was sitting looking at the door worriedly. In addition, when I burst in she looked even more worried she rose majestically and hugged me. I was shocked as Sara was normally scathingly nasty to me and what she said next was even more strange then her actions!
“Thank the heavens they haven’t got you.”
I replied as shocked as I felt, “what do you mean? What haven’t you told me?!” Another interesting thing about Sara was that she was as honest as you could get.
She sighed and replied despairingly, “I shouldn’t tell; you your fathers wishes you not know, but now they are after you I suppose there is no way out!”
“What who is after me?” I said, frantic now.
“They are the nymphs! They believe that you belong with them.” Seeing my bewildered face she continued, “a while back the Queen Nymph set a alliance with the king sprite. A powerful alliance which was dependent that sparked it off the love between the Sprite king and the nymph queen.” She paused and then drew breath quickly, ”Then the queen and the King had a child everyone was happy, until they had a fight and deposited the child on the queens lady-in-waiting a water nymph who was living with a wizard.” She paused and comprehension dawned on me but I kept quiet
“But for three years the couple lived happily with each other took the basic steps that were necessary such as changing the appearance of there baby so she looked half human and half nymph instead of half nymph and half Sprite. She should have looked like the Nymph Queen, tall and shapely with pure white hair and emerald eyes. The only thing that the magic couldn’t work on was the emerald eyes and the magical power.
This was fine with the couple but disaster struck after the child’s
3rd birthday the nymph was called to the queen’s side for the queen was ill, tragically ill and the wizard was heartbroken and brought the nymph up by himself…
Sara ended the story and turned to me I was surprised to see tears in her eyes
I shuddered and repressed the tears as my, the world that I knew fell apart around me. “What has happened to my, I mean, the queen?”
She turned away and sobbed, “she is alive as I know. And do you know why I am telling you this?”
I nodded And Sara continued
“Now that their queen is dying and there king old the sprites and nymphs are looking for a monarch and because you are the only child of their present rulers






Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A2072314

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more