A Conversation for Ghosts

Ghosts

Post 21

Researcher 149555

I guess I'll tell my story now. Since I was quite young, around 12 years old, I have been able to feel odd things in certain houses. Sometimes these feelings are akin to fear, sometimes just a little uncomfortable. Regardless, I have learn to trust them. Anyway, I was visiting a friend who was housesitting for someone she worked with. As I was visiting the home state of Wisconsin, I thought I'd go spend a few days with her. Nora had to work 2nd shift that evening and I spent the evening alone. But I didn't feel alone - that odd feeling was there. When Nora came home we went to bed. We shared the same bed, as girlfriends often do. In the middle of the night, I woke up and saw a man standing next to the bed on my side. Ghosts are hard to describe. I could see him . . . he was obviously male . . . and wearing clothes. But at the same time, even though he had the appearance of being solid, I could see through him. Well he climbed over me and got in bed between Nora and I.
Now here's the strange part. I felt uncomfortable, but not because of fear. My vanity got the best of me and I didn't feel presentable around a strange man. So I got up and went to the bathroom to comb my hair. (I am embarrassed to share that!) When I came back to bed, Nora awoke to find me staring at the bed. I asked her if she knew what happened to the ghost that crawled in bed with us. Of course she had seen nothing.
The confirmation to this story is our conversation the next day. My friend was really pissed with me, that I had shared this event with her. It seems the owner of the house had some information about the house he wanted to share before he left. He must have given her the impression that it was something strange, because she wouldn't let him tell her. So here I was spilling the beans and she had one more night alone there.
My only comfort to Nora was there is nothing harmful about this ghost. We're just afraid of things we do not understand. No one likes to think about the fact that there might be other dimensions existing within the one we are living in.
I have experienced good spirits and evil spirits that were not embodied in any living thing, which is a whole different expererience! Ghosts are just souls of people in transition. At least that's what I think. When I see them it feels like I have some uninvited guests, whom I as not usually prepared to receive.
Well, it's been fun sharing. Got to go.


Ghosts

Post 22

Jamie of the Portacabin

Hello ghostly types!

I'm actualy revising this article as part of a project on the supernatural. It's at http://www.h2g2.com/A426728

I was just wondering if I might use some of the information and stories you've all presented here in the entry?

BTW - please read the entry so far and tell me what you think!

See yez,

Jamie.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more