The Many, Many Uses of Long Hair

1 Conversation

One of the wonderful things about long hair is that besides looking pretty cool, it also has a plethora of uses. For example:

1) Weapon (provided one has room to swing one's head in a large arc--the very ends of it can sting pretty seriously, and most people will be plenty annoyed just by having it swung in their faces)

2) Shield (very useful when someone is trying to jab one in the neck--if it's thick enough, it takes forever to wade through, by which time one can of course take preventative measures)

3) Pillow (quite nice when one feels like lying down and the only surfaces available are hard flat ones)

4) Sun visor (wonderful for keeping the light out of one's eyes while sunbathing or taking a nap)

5) Screen (can easily be allowed to fall forward over one's face in order to hide, for example, a yawn, and can also hide stains and such on the back of one's shirt or neck)

6) Clothing, of a sort (no need to be embarrassed if walked in upon while in a state of partial undress)

7) Cold-weather gear (who needs scarves or earmuffs on a chilly night?)

8) Decoy (if one's scalp is tough enough--people trying to cause one pain will quite likely go for the hair and discover too late that it has very little effect)

9) Sponge (in a pinch, it can soak up a certain amount of liquid)

And of course,

10) Annoyance device (this works in so many ways--when it's wet, water can be dripped from it onto an unsuspecting victim; when it's dry, letting it dangle in people's faces is supremely annoying)

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A197679

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more