A Conversation for Collecting and Why People Collect

A lucky escape!

Post 1

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

A couple of weeks ago I openned my storage cupboard to the smell of mould. Water had been dripping for weeks from flat above onto my posessions below, including the boxes with all my precious newspapers from Golden Jubilee, Millenium Bug leaflets, etc. basically most of my collectables!
However purely by luck they were all in plastic storage boxes with lids, and luck it was indeed as boxes weren't bought for that purpose, indeed if I remember correctly I found one thrown away by my dustbin. So the moral is a few punds spent on large storage boxes with lids can protect years of collecting.
.
Proper storage is important for other things too` like old photos as you can buy plastic sleeves that museums use without harmful chemicals that some plastics contain which can deteriate photos old and new.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more