A Conversation for Harvesting and Preserving Herbs

Herbs and moon

Post 1

jimjensen

Excellent piece. Considering the care which is exhibited towards the herbs i was surprised there was no mention of the spiritual aspects.

Maybe thats not for food entry but more for medicine!

I practice biodynamics and a basic principle we use when gathering plants is to recognize the spiritual forces and gather accordingly.

Each plant has its planet etc.... ( much details)..... but a good overall guide is always the moon. Consider when harvesting if you seek the most vital tops of a flowering plant, that the full moon is a good time as the spirit forces are very active in the upper parts at that time.

smiley - smiley jj --->> wondering where im gonna fit this kinda stuff in the guide.


Herbs and moon

Post 2

I'm not really here

Glad you liked it! Interestingly, this *isn't* a food entry. I use herbs medicinally, so to me it's a page in my first aid handbook.
I haven't added in anything about spirituality because I wanted to reach the widest audience I could. If that means being mistaken for a food entry, then I'm happy for that to happen.

But thanks for posting underneath - it means that anyoe interested will be able to see what it. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more