A Conversation for The h2g2 Formula One Supporters' Club

Is Alonso losing it?

Post 1

Percy "Thrills" Thrillington ("I shall write to the lead singer of Echo & The Bunnymen!")

He seems to have been complaining about everyone recently, from the stewards who penalised him at Monza (which, admittedly, seemed a bit dodgy) to his own team (admittedly the bodged pit stop in China didn't help his cause, but the race was pretty much lost anyway).

Is he right, or is he just a whinger? smiley - erm


Is Alonso losing it?

Post 2

aGuyCalledPaff

(Bit quiet in here isn't it?)

No, Fernando isn't a whinger, but no, he's not right!

I don't know that the pressure gets to him usually, but I think the Monza incident really got to everyone at Renault.


If you believe the conspiracy theory, then the FIA want Schuey to win one last championship:
- Mass dampers. (Hey, we haven't discussed mass dampers in here have we?)
- The Monza blocking penalty.
- The FIA threats to Flavio. The way I read it, Renault/Flav made such a big fuss about Monza that Max's response was "shut up, or we'll fine you, or better still, we'll ban you from the championship or something just as harsh".
- The FIA turn-around on the Monza decision before the next race (ie. "from now on, blocking must be deliberate") thus preventing Renault from using the same trick against Ferrari at China.


So, I recon Renault are really stressed. Even though Shuey's engine blow-up at Suzuka evens the score, the championship is still Renault's to lose.

I'd be stressed! I'd be whinging!

smiley - ciderPaff


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more