Add your voice to the sound of the crowd!
Radio stations and music magazines are forever asking their listeners or readers to vote for the greatest record ever made. This can have unpredictable results, as various polls have awarded the title of Best Record Ever to everything from Queen's 'Bohemian Rhapsody' or John Lennon's 'Imagine' to Snow Patrol's 'Chasing Cars'1 or even Bros's 'I Owe You Nothing'2.
Now, based on the premise that hootooers are unquestionably people of good taste, we're asking you to vote for your favourite records of all time. You can vote for anything you like, regardless of whether or not it was ever a hit single, but please remember that we're talking about the best records ever, not just your current favourite record.
To vote, please reply to the conversation below with your top three favourite records. Please list them in order, as we will be calculating the listing by awarding 3 points to your favourite, 2 points to your second favourite and 1 point to your third favourite.
The greatest records ever made are...
- QUEEN – The Prophet's Song (8 points)
- DIRE STRAITS - Romeo And Juliet (6 points)
- LED ZEPPELIN – Since I've Been Lovin' You (4 points)
So far these are the only three songs which have received votes from more than one person. The following tracks are bubbling under with 3 points each:
- AC/DC - Riff Raff
- ARETHA FRANKLIN – I Say A Little Prayer
- BLACK CROWES – She Talks To Angels
- BUGGLES – Video Killed The Radio Star
- THE FLAMING LIPS - Fight Test
- FOO FIGHTERS - D.O.A.
- JOHN MELLENCAMP – Paper In Fire
- LED ZEPPELIN – Kashmir
- LED ZEPPELIN – Stairway To Heaven
- PETER GABRIEL - Solsbury Hill
- PIXIES – Where Is My Mind?
- PRODIGY – Poison
- RADIO BIRDMAN – Breaks My Heart
- ROXETTE - Fading Like A Flower
- SMITHS - There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
- WHO – Won't Get Fooled Again
Last updated: 24/1/07 18:55