A Conversation for World Time

I hate to be a pest...

Post 1

Jimi X

But, in America we've got Daylight-Saving Time to confuse things....
Daylight Saving Time runs from 2 a.m. on te first Sunday in April until the 2 a.m. on the last Sunday in October. It is a federal law administered by the US Department of Transportation (except in areas that specifically exempt themselves from the law).

Therefore 9:55 am EDT = 8:55 a.m. EST.

Isn't that fun? smiley - winkeye


I hate to be a pest...

Post 2

Danisbackfromlunch

Don't worry! I understand.....
We have daylight savings in OZ too.
I really need to spend some time on the script and also some words to accompany it!

Which areas are exempt from US laws?


I hate to be a pest...

Post 3

Jimi X

It's kind of random. I think Indiana and Arizona don't observe Daylight Time, but I wouldn't swear to that!


I hate to be a pest...

Post 4

adabsurdum

We have Sommerzeit in Germany, too. But I dont know how it works, just found out
in the morning that it must have happened tonight.


Daylight savings and Olympic Games

Post 5

Tashalls, Muse of Flights of Fancy (Losing Weight at A858170)

...and to add to the general confusion, due to the Olympics here in mid-September, NSW in all its wisdom, has gone to daylight savings from end of August. BUT the rest of Australia hasn't, along with some north-westerly points of country NSW, who maintain that the cows get too confused...

Moo.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more