A Conversation for History of Eric Clapton

Very good article

Post 1

Peta


Excellent contribution. I look forward to it getting to the top of the queue. smiley - smiley


Very good article

Post 2

Mike A (snowblind)

YIIIIIIIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!


Very good article

Post 3

The Wisest Fool

Hi Mike (A),
I liked the article a lot but you don't mention the tale that Clapton broke up Cream when he saw Jimi Hendrix. The story goes that he stopped playing guitar for a while and became a bricklayer because he felt he just couldn't compete. When Hendrix heard that Cream had broken up he was due to play live with The Experience on Lulu's British TV show. Instead of doing his own song, which is what the TV producers were expecting, he declared his sadness that Cream had split and launched instead into an impromptu and 150 m.p.h. version of 'Sunshine Of Your Love'.
The last bit is definitely true (seen a repeat clip of the show) but whether Clapton became a brickie because of Hendrix I'm not sure if it's fact or fable.
btw Ain't it a shame the two never publicly jammed together. Now that would have blown some minds!
- TWF


Very good article

Post 4

Mike A (snowblind)

As this entry failed to cut the mustard (and I'll lynch that gobby sub-editor if I ever find him), I'll take the time to comment here.

I've got a bit of Hendrix playing Sunshine on video. Stonking. Hendrix was a god. It sounds like, wooh, something holy. Tagging along the start of the clip is the end of another stonking Hendrix song. It sounded great but I don't know what it's called. Enlighten me please!


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for History of Eric Clapton

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more