Sloppy secrets

0 Conversations

Once uypon a tyme eye Had a three year ols who used to climb up in mine lap and motion me closer.

She would sibilantly say, "I've got a secert I wanna tell ya".


then she would smack her Koolaid flavoured lips up against my ear and sloppily whisper "whisper whisper whisper" before pulling her tiny little head into view too close to my myopic and glassesed eyes and say happily, "What da ya tink uv dat?"

Reminds me of impoliticians and the intelligible community.

"Secrets" per se, as in official secrets and business secrets, like the formulae for Coke brand flavoured battery acid, are not legal, because you cannot protect something that you are not aware of. The idea of protecting something that doesn't exist is like defending a prostitutes virginity. Reminds me of Loretta in "The Life of Brian".

Sometimes I am afraid of my own stupidity. I really would like to accept things at face value more often, but the only times I can do that is with my cat.

I think.

Not that it matters. If I want to believe my cat, then it doesn't matter if he is believable. All that matters is that I want to believe in something so I believe in him. Well, not in that way, the way you should a good auto mechanic, or a basty lawyer who's on your side for the moment, or a really nice mythological figure of the female sort who isn't wearing many clothes on the statue you have in your closet...


Ahem...


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A17637744

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more