A Conversation for Great Advertising Campaigns (Sotto Construzione)

Don't forget to tell ....Jim?

Post 1

Taipan - Jack of Hearts

Not sure exactly if it was Jim or Bob, as it was so long ago, but when Hydro Electric were selling shares to the general public, they ran this advertising campaign which started with someone saying 'Must tell .... Jim'. He didn't meet Jim, but whispered the message on to someone else, ending with the phrase 'don't forget to tell Jim'.

This went on for what seemed liked months, with the message - never actually heard by the viewer - being passed up and down the length of the country from person to person, always ending with 'don't forget to tell Jim'.

At the time, questions which grabbed the nation were 'Who IS Jim?', and 'what is the message?'.


Don't forget to tell ....Jim?

Post 2

Ginger The Feisty

We had one similar to this which was Don't forget to tell Sid and was the campaign run when privatising British Gas!


Don't forget to tell ....Jim?

Post 3

Taipan - Jack of Hearts

Oops!

Silly me.

I meant Sid and BG, but just couldn't remember what it was called.


Don't forget to tell ....Jim?

Post 4

Jim Lynn

The slogan was 'If you see Sid, tell him.'


Don't forget to tell ....Jim?

Post 5

Taipan - Jack of Hearts

And I thought 'Chinese Whispers' could be confusing. Now you point it out, yes - I remember it well. Just as well I'm not a history lecturer or something, otherwise Napoleon would of probably turned out to African.


Where's the P.S Button?

Post 6

Taipan - Jack of Hearts

Oh no! I meant to post the above to correct the omission beforehand, but pressed the wrong flaming key again. For anyone who happens to read this and simply cannot stand the tension of not knowing what the omission was, sources very close to me reveal that it was 'be'. Go on, see if you can guess where it should have gone. Answers please, on a postcard, to 'OhMiGod, it's far to early in the morning to be doing this, c/o why are my fingers not working, confused. PH2 DOA.

Three lucky winners selected at random will win the opportunity to say 'What? After all that investigative work of reading silly posts, and this is all i get? Crivvens!'


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more