A Conversation for Unfinished Business of the Century

Laughing My head off?

Post 1

little brox

This has troubled me all of my life. is it possible if you're laughing a lot for your head to actually become detached from your body? also, if you were continually crying say from an event such as the death of your friend due to loss of head through laughing, could you really cry your eyes out?
Please give me reassurance. I have been unable to laugh out of fear that my head may fall off and I have not been able to cry either. I am trapped somewhere between histerically sobbing and laughing manicly.

What if you were laughing so much that you were crying - then you could loose your eyes, then you may also suffer from head detachment!

It's certainly not a laughing matter. I have a very attractive head. i would hope for it to stay on the top of my neck. with both eyes in their sockets.


Laughing My head off?

Post 2

CIG WebGeek

No, you can't actually "Laugh your Head off" as the neck is much to thick and well-muscled to allow it.

However, If you untie your belly-button your bum WILL fall off!

It happened to a cousin of mine. He has to sleep standing up now.


Laughing My head off?

Post 3

Silver Surfer 67

Actually your head is detached from the rest of your body. Ask yourself this question. How many times has your body jumped up and thus smacked your head against something? The fact is that your head just doesn't realise it is detached from the rest of your body and your body is therefore taking advantage of the situation!

I find detachment a huge advantage in as much that when you have a bit of a problem your head (well your mouth actually) just starts doing strange things. Like whistling silently as an example or, eyes moving here, there and everywhere. Also lots of noise and air comes out of your mouth (spittle and screams).

This is especially true of course if you happen to be plummeting to the ground at a fair rate of knots and failed to read that best seller by Arthur Dent on how to fly. Apart from your body flapping a bit trying to get away from your head (caught of guard really) its your head doing all the gurning and hollering.
I rest my case


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more