A Conversation for The Wick End of Candles at the Close of a Long Night (UG)

I searched for a candle

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I'm sub-editing and wanted a link for "candlelight". I found this entry. I read it through. Today I'm thinking about Eammon and Jim and Christine smiley - rosesmiley - rosesmiley - rose

I am sorry you have known such pain of loss.

I don't know anyone who was murdered but I have lost loved ones - a stillbirth, a miscarriage - and mostly, to cancer. My first boyfriend Paul was 19 when he died of stomach cancer. My Dad died of the same thing, except he was 88 - he'd survived being shot in WW2 and carried a bullet in his lung for the rest of his life.

One wonders what makes us - the survivors - so blessed. Why we get time and others aren't so lucky. I don't have an answer. I count my blessings for the life that I have lived and the family I have raised, now enjoying grandchildren.

Best wishes, now lighting a smiley - candle for your friends.

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - diva


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Wick End of Candles at the Close of a Long Night (UG)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more