A Conversation for Classic Childrens Toys [original article]

Board Games

Post 1

Anonymouse

Does anyone remember Trouble? (I'm pretty sure that was it's name.) It had a plastic board that had little standing holes where you put little wooden pegs (red, blue, green and yellow, iirc) to move around. There was a plastic bubble in the center that held the dice, and you just pushed it down, it would pop up, and the dice would be "rolled" inside. (This was handy for keeping the dice from wandering off in little fingers. smiley - winkeye) It was designed for small children, had simple rules (no Chance/Community chest cards, no "go directly to jail" etc... the whole point of the game was to get all your wooden pegs from point a to point b ... no detours smiley - winkeye), and way back in the ancient days when I was a tot, all the classrooms had one for rainy day recesses.


Key: Complain about this post

Board Games

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more