A Conversation for Janeane Garofalo

Garofalo as Trillian?

Post 1

Zach Garland

I remember the tv series version of HHGG. Though she used a bit too much make-up, the Trillian in the show was rather easy on the eyes. She was funny. However, she didn't quite match the image of Trillian that I "saw" in my mind's eye. I mean yes she should be beautiful, but she's smart too. She shouldn't look like she's just Zaphod's sex playtoy.

What would be the odds of lobbying Disney to consider Janeane Garofalo for the role of Tricia McMillian in Douglas Adams' screenplay of The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy? She's witty, intelligent, versatile, photogenic, and despite what Hollywood thinks, she's drop down gorgeous.

I never thought of it before now , but she actually does seem to fit the general independent attitude and adventurous streak that Trillian always had in the books and radio series. She's also repeatedly proven the ability to hold her own in a cast of mostly men. Her comedic ability would tie in naturally with the dry humor of Adams' universe. I don't know if she can do an english accent, but there'd be no harm in someone at Disney finding out, would there?


Garofalo as Trillian?

Post 2

Global Village Idiot

Spooky, Zach.
I was watching Cats & Dogs a couple of weeks back and exactly the same thought struck me.
Consider your suggestion seconded. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Janeane Garofalo

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more