Campaign to Logon

2 Conversations


Campaigning for LogOff versus SignOut



We are fed up by our computers to logon on sodit, logout on poet.

Now our Big host Brother requires us to signout of Company.


I do not want to signout!

I want to come back here again on sodit!


Support our fruitless campaign against signing out, it is too definite, it is too official.


In computer history we have seen several ways to say goodbeye to our computers.

  • Escape (key)

  • Bye

  • Exit

  • Logoff

  • Logout


None of these ways to say goodbye feels definite.

They all hold a promise to get back.



  • Power Switch (bad, very very bad)

  • UNSUBSCRIBE

  • FareWell

  • Sign out

  • Kill account


These have that definite feeling of a last message...


Please do not sign out, please sign a message about you signing in to stay.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1355618

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more