Battle Creek, Michigan, USA

0 Conversations

Overview:

Battle Creek is the County Seat of Calhoun County in Michigan with a population of roughly 53,364 citizens (according to the 2000 census).
It's total areas is 43.7mi. (113.1km) of which 1.92% (0.8mi) is water.

Population:
The total population of Battle Creek is 53,364 (according to the 2000 census) which is broken down into race as follows:


74.65% White/Caucasian

17.80% African American

  4.64% Hispanic/Latino

  1.94% Asian

  0.77% Native American

  0.01% Pacific Islander

  2.11% from other races

  2.72% from two or more races

35.9% of the population is under the age of 24, while 13.5% are senior citizens (65 or older).

The average household income is around $35,491 with males making approximately $10,406 more then females annually.

For every 9 men there are 10 women.

Families:
Out of the 21,348 households in Battle Creek, 32.3% of them children below the age of 18 living with them. 31.6% are individuals, and 12.1% have a person 65 years or older. The average family size is 3.04 and the average family size is 2.43. 10.7% of families fall below the poverty line (of which 17.5% are minors, and 11.8% are senior citizens).


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1303282

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more