A Conversation for Websailor's Wacky Wildlife World

Fascinating people

Post 1

Also Ran1-hope springs eternal


Very dear Websailor,smiley - dragon

What a wonderful mix of people you have either met or studiedwith . I am pea green with envy!!. You really are very very talentd and gifted for the job you are doing for both the Post and all the 1researchers" on hootoo.

I remember the series of Jacques Coustea, I believe a lot of the pictures were taken at Les Calanques, some magnificent rockt chalky cliff near Toulon in the Provence.

The only one I have sort of "distant" dealings with was Jacques Coustea. One of my French cousins chose to follow him. Sadly however he decided to go sailing in the channel by himself (after a row with his father) and never returned.

I have a religious Franciscan friend who knew the Adams in Kenya. she used to visit them and I have some photographs of her with some of their lion right next to them.

I am afraid that I am not overly keen on the maneaters p much prefer birds, flora and of course melos melos. What a wonderful name. I defintely have melofilio!! But I love giraffe!!

I wonder who will take over his mantle? I think that you are right. Simon King appers to be the closest contender. But is also the only one I have heard of!!. Very ignorant I am. But I so love your stories. Bless you my dear friend.

Am still off line - estraordinary, but hope my friend manages to connect me this weekend.

Much affection

Christiane AR1 >schooloffish?


Fascinating people

Post 2

Websailor

A1, thank you for your kind words. It is nice to learn a bit more about the people we see on TV. We think we know them but there is often more to them than meets the eye.

I didn't mention any ladies this time, but I hope to do a piece later, when I have a little more time, as there are so many working for wildlife who scarcely get a mention.

I have been lucky in meeting so many people and I treasure all the encounters.

What a sad tale about your cousin. One needs a huge amount of respect for the sea, and such as Cousteau make it look so easy. I do wish people wouldn't take tourists out to 'meet' Sharks. They put the people in cages for their safety, but bait the sharks with meat.

I am sure it has a bearing on the increase in shark attacks, if they see us as food just out of reach! People should respect the sea as the natural habitat for wildlife, and an alien habitat for people, and take more care.

I hope your email is fixed soon.

smiley - love
Websailorsmiley - dragon




Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Websailor's Wacky Wildlife World

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more