A Conversation for Postmen

Trusting Lifeguards .

Post 61

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

keledy - do you understand this? or am i stupid?


Trusting Lifeguards .

Post 62

Pastey

I wouldn't worry, I don't really understand it.
smiley - fish


Trusting Lifeguards .

Post 63

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

that's okay then.
smiley - bigeyes
how's things?


Trusting Lifeguards .

Post 64

Pastey

Not bad apart from having to spend the last few hours stripping down two computers to get one that works. Read a book today, surfed the web for a couple of hours. The usual stuff to pass time.
And you?
smiley - fish


Trusting Lifeguards .

Post 65

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

I went to Ballyhoo with my sisters kids. Straight on h2g2 as soon as i could. It took fifteen minutes to load up today. Is that me? Or h2g2? Other sites worked fine...

what book did you read then?

smiley - smiley


Trusting Lifeguards .

Post 66

keledy

that all makes sense-- i vaguely remember that option... and i guess it would be easier to have the web pages updated automatically... but i dislike having multiple pages open..

so ummmmmmm.... i don't think that quite answered my question.. *shrug*


Trusting Lifeguards .

Post 67

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

wait till next time...

smiley - smileyhrmmmmmmm...


bikes?

Post 68

Colin (The Happy Robot)

Agreed. My first summer job before I started at uni was as a postman in Chippenham (my home town, its in Wiltshire between Swindon and Bath). Six days a week I was in the sorting office at 5am sorting the mail and getting it ready to be delivered.

7am got a lift out to where I started and walked my round, usually finishing between 9:30 and 10:30. Then cycled back to the sorting office so yes I did use a bike.

Then sat in the staff room for 1-2 hours depending on when I got back, before sorting again and taking the mail out for the second delivery of the day. Finally finished for the day between 12 and 2 depending on how much there was to deliver and then finally went home and slept for the rest of the afternoon before going out with friends in the evening and finallly getting up again the next day (except if it happened to be Sunday next) in order to start work again.

It is a hard job but on the plus side I was never fitter (health wise) than I was when I had to quit the job in order to start my degree, plus you did get to see the odd young lady in her night clothes. Additionally you're paid to do the round not work however many hours, so if you finish an hour early or whatever you're still paid the same and I never met a postie who finished late.


Trusting Lifeguards .

Post 69

keledy

smiley - smiley
hehehehehhe.


Trusting Lifeguards .

Post 70

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!!!

sorry. I just missed you a little.


Trusting Lifeguards .

Post 71

Pastey

Sorry for the delay, I killed the computer.
The book was Starship Titanic. Not amazing really, don't get me wrong it was a good book and I'd recommend it but I suppose after playing the game and knowing what's going on it kind of spoilt the story.
smiley - fish


bikes?

Post 72

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

i used to have a crush on my postman.


that sounds verrry tiring


bikes?

Post 73

Colin (The Happy Robot)

It was but on the other hand there was always the afternoon to sleep in, but I never got used to waking up on time in the morning and was often eating breakfast in the car oon the way to the sorting office.


bikes?

Post 74

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

tut tut. you should concentrate on driving! (thtat is.. i assume you were..)


bikes?

Post 75

Pastey

I was lucky, my dad was and still is a postie, and he would come in off the night shift having driven halfway up and down the country and wake me up in time to get to work. I didn't realise that there were two 5 o'clocks in the day before then.
smiley - fish


bikes?

Post 76

Colin (The Happy Robot)

No, one of my colleagues had to drive right by my house to get to the sorting office so he offered to give me a lift.

It's true though I have eaten whilst driving, but always made sure I kept the speed down when doing so.


bikes?

Post 77

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

you're either a very good driver ore are afrain of getting found out.


bikes?

Post 78

Colin (The Happy Robot)

It's fear mostly, I'm not sure I could live with myself if I caused an accident which resulted in the injury of another person.


bikes?

Post 79

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

only the seriously insane could.


bikes?

Post 80

Colin (The Happy Robot)

Agreed.


Key: Complain about this post