A Conversation for MY TWO PENNUTH

Zach's Brainkid

Post 1

Ginger The Feisty

I actually found this easier to read than the original on Zach's page but agree with you wholeheartedly , it is a good idea. I too would not make a good critic because I have a problem tellign someone what I think is wrong with their articles (I prefer to say nothing) and I'm not sure what I could add except a measure of how readable something is. Believe it or not I have done Plain English courses and am very used to writing for people with short attention spans (otherwise known as Director's) so maybe my opinion could be useful on that front!


Zach's Brainkid

Post 2

vegiman:-)

Thanks Ginger for your comments. My thoughts exactley. If I am going to read something, I like to see the whole text. It is easier to read.

Why not enter one of your pages, I have two to go. The link wasn't working when you read it.

Everytime I revamp a page I have to update the links. <A/ href alway ends up as <A href whenever I re-edit.

Zach is off on other jaunts at the moment, he e-mailed me to let me know he will be back as soon as he can.

I seem to have been left holding the baby.

SEEuSOON vegimansmiley - smiley


Zach's Brainkid

Post 3

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Vegiman - well thought out. I have to keep reminding myself why we are all here - to read and write articles. I spend too much time doing fun things like posting to forums and playing with my home page. I'm not a writer, so I usually have to think of something I really want to write about before I can do it. As far as being a critic, I try to read pages by people I have interacted with before, and I really try to read pages by those who have posted thoughts about my stuff. What I haven't done is read some stuff randomly, or stuff by people who have just recently joined up.

I really should spend sometime saying hi to new folks. On the other hand, I spend too much time here as it is.


Zach's Brainkid

Post 4

Peta

I am quite happy to talk to newbies - or anyone else really - I can't offer to be a key critic though because ....*******************. But I do think it is a really good idea to get really good feedback that will encourage people, including any facts that anyone else knows on the subject when appropriate. If we can keep the chat out of those threads all the better. I think critic may not be the word to use though. Bit too critical in tone, call it something else? Feedback threads. Review. Whatever, something positive sounding.


Zach's Brainkid

Post 5

Ginger The Feisty

This kind of thing always gets called peer review nowadays!


Zach's Brainkid

Post 6

Peta

Sounds good.......


Zach's Brainkid

Post 7

vegiman:-)

I did tackle Zach on this one some time ago. He was adamant that Critic be in the title and Field Critic would not give the wrong impression that it was officially blessed or they were somebody from the h2g2 team. If you want to see the page I posted in early July goto
http://www.h2g2.com/A110313 It is called:
Zachs Brainchild
or
DROP THE DEAD CRITIC.

Zach also commented and gave a few points - One which gives his answer to the question you are now putting.

vegimansmiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for MY TWO PENNUTH

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more