A Conversation for Cape Town to Melbourne Wks 3 and 4: John Ridgway Save the Albatross Voyage 2003-4

Another enthralling encounter with the French scientists, the few Albatross around and the seal.

Post 1

Also Ran1-hope springs eternal



This time I have been with you intrepid sailors for fifty minutes. You started by encouraging us to sign the petition and thereby help save the Albatross .

I am afraid that I shall have to finish the epic journey later as I am really tired after all my excursions and excitations with you. !! The highest wave in the world? How high did he think it was? The sightings of seabirds and the expedition and visit to the Franch Navy sounded a very satisfing one. I feel as if I am beginning to know the old boat now. She sounds wondeful. I shall continue sharing your epic voyage after a brief siesta. I shall however sign the peitition to save the albatross.

Most woinderful description s of the Australis borealis I cannot remember what causes it. I believe we have one in Africa as well. It was strange to hear you mention the name Maputa. I visited it in 1947/9 when it was still called Lourenco Marques. Had a wonderful week at the beautiful hotel there. I had been invit4ed by the South African Federation to go and "open" the new opulent swimming pool at the Polana hotel.

So off I went , with my beautiful white satin bathing costume, a la Esther Willimas, and was filmed - very strange experience that, doing "my" stroke, backstroke. These were my thoughts when I read Maputo.

But your wonderfully descriptive style soon brought me back to your so brave exploits.

Now I shall wait and have a rest before I read the next two instalments. What a wonderful afternoon you have given me. Thank you so much. So brave and so driven by your love of the albatross. I am off to sign the petition now, although I suppose that it is long out of date.

Sincerely
Christiane AlsoRan1 smiley - schooloffish


Key: Complain about this post

Another enthralling encounter with the French scientists, the few Albatross around and the seal.

More Conversations for Cape Town to Melbourne Wks 3 and 4: John Ridgway Save the Albatross Voyage 2003-4

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more