ElbeitRose V1.1

0 Conversations


ElbeitRose V1.0

Albatross Contents


Daily Log

ElbeitRose V1.3




The Albatross is build to be the best shaped glider in existance.



Taking off happens with a few powerfull flaps of the whole wing. This is so intensive the albatrosses can not continue this for a long period of time.



Albatrosses will take off directly to the wind. When they get a little lift from the wind kicking the water with their fins effectively makes them jumping in the air.



If airborn they will merely use the outer half of their wings to find lift using muscle power. The most work is now done with the back of their wings. They use the airflow over their wings to get into the best uplift air there is.



Effectively the albatross aim to the ground and miss. While being caught by the wind they will get a lift high into the air.



Whole wing

 

inner part

outer part

 

 

  front of wing

 

___/|_/|/|/|/|/|/|/

       
       

 

 

____/|__/|_/|/|/|/|/

 

  back of wing

______|_____|_____|_/\_/|_/

 

 


I can Swim the surface

using my Flipper feet

begin ElbeitRose V1.0

end ElbeitRose V1.0


-  -


 /\ /\ 


O


O


O


0     0


|


V


V


V


| |


AA


~~~ ~~~


I will kick off

to meet the wind

begin ElbeitRose V1

end ElbeitRose V1.0


___   ___


\ /


O


O


O


0     0


|


V


V


V


| |


AA


~~~~~~ ~~~~~~


I Will use the wind to fly

begin ElbeitRose V1.0

end ElbeitRose V1.0

___  ___


O


O


O


0     0


|


V


V


V


A A


~~~~~~~~~


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1147709

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more