A Conversation for The Forum

The moral majority strikes again...

Post 101

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

smiley - rofl


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 102

Hoovooloo

In reply to something in post 68:

Della wrote: "WTF is "sexual boredom"?"

Ask your ex-husband.

H.


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 103

Potholer

Further to my post 51, I couldn't help noticing

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/26/rabies_miracle_girl/


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 104

azahar

smiley - headhurts

A miracle unless proven otherwise???

Aaaaaaaaaarggh.


az


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 105

azahar

whoops, unless 'proved' otherwise . . .


az


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 106

pedro

The moral being, obviously, don't go to church....



smiley - cool


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 107

Z

Isn't it more of a mircle that all of the people who haven't died because we've got a rabies vaccine.


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 108

Mudhooks: ,,, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest...

Let's just hope this leads to more idiots not getting vaccine in the hopes of a "miracle".... less idiots on the planet would be fine with me.


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 109

Z

Humm it's hardly convincing evidence is it?

All but one of people who have been bitten by a rabid animal and not had the vaccine have died?


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 110

pedro

It's a miracle when 4 anti-viral drugs stop a virus?

Only in the Bible-Belt...


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 111

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

Mudhooks, that comes across as sounding spiteful, and isn't worthy of you.

The report in our local paper, didn't mention miracles or prayer - it just said that the girl hadn't gone to a doctor for treatment for some time, implying that this was because *she didn't know bats carry rabies*! Not an idiot at all, but a girl who made a mistake!


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 112

Potholer

At least the girl was lucky enough not to have parents who relied solely on prayer to the exclusion of medical science.


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 113

Mudhooks: ,,, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest...

Excuse me? Spiteful?

Please do not presume to "lecture" me on my personal belief.


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 114

Mudhooks: ,,, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=news+rabies+miracle

I guess because you didn't read it in your local paper, it mustn't be so. I offer you the extensive list of sources which refer to the episode as a "miracle".


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 115

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

"The day after we found out, I called on everyone we knew for prayer. We believe a lot of that snowballed and it really made a difference."

They must have been praying these magical words: post hoc, ergo propter hoc.


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 116

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

What I was referring to, Mudhooks, was your remark about hoping that lots of people would resort to prayer, die, and learn a lesson!

My point was that the story in our local paper didn't mention prayer (obviously a trucated version) and played the story as a triumph of scince! So, you using it as a the 'moral' of the story being the futility of prayer, is rather silly. The impression I had got from the version I read, is that the girl and her family, far from relying on prayer, didn't even know she had rabies until she collapsed!


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 117

Mudhooks: ,,, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest...

I know what you were referring to, as I can read quite well. I make a point of doing my own research instead of relying on a "truncated version" when the full version was provided on this thread (and the ones I looked up for myself) for me to base my opinion on.


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 118

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

Mudhooks, whatever! I'd just like to point out that the piece in our paper was days before I ever saw that thread!
The post of yours to which I was objecting, was the second post from someone on this thread in which the poster expressed hope that their (presumed) ideological enemies would die horribly! That's why I mentioned it - it just ain't like you to say such things...


Removed

Post 119

Mudhooks: ,,, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest...

This post has been removed.


The moral majority strikes again...

Post 120

Mudhooks: ,,, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more