Trunk Sold to Real Estate Developers

0 Conversations

There was this island, I have been there in my youth, vast planes of reeds and grasses the higher areas covered with willow and sea-buckthorn. Chasing rabbits in the sandy dunes and sneaking onto the seals as they rest in their lagune until the sun goes down. Sleeping under the bright stars of a deep black night.
Then came the building machines digging roads in the planes. Stamping houses on the shores and eventually putting a fence around the compound. The guard towers on the corners suggested any escape would be inpossible. Jet people pay to get in and spend their hollidays inside this park. The question is to feel sorry for them tourists or for the lost deserted island. I do feel sorry for the seals while it was their home that has gone.
There is an oak tree in the center of the park.
No new word touristism, it happens all the time all over the world. However it remains to be seen who is losing as most are and always will be behind the fence of their own choise.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1141129

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more