A Conversation for Cello Club

Join Here

Post 21

worldcitizen3133

Hey! I'm suggesting a really cool piece if anyone has two cello friends... the popper requiem. It's really awesome.


Join Here

Post 22

Miranda (Make tea! Yes, Cissdur, it's still me)

I thought that was for eight cellos or something! Is it really just three? That shouldn't be impossible...


Join Here

Post 23

radiantjoiedevivre

Would I qualify if I learnt the cello for four years when I was young.

It actually is my favourite instrument of the orchestra.


I had the great joy of hearing Rostropovich play some years ago.

Favourite piece?. Well, I heard a young man in South Africa playing "The Swan" of Saint Saens when I was very young. that sold me on this marvellous instrument. Now of course I think I have lots of faviourites - if only I could remember their names!!

Still very enthusiastic

Christiane Radiantjoiedevivresmiley - bubbly

the nearly octogenarian!.


Join Here

Post 24

LellyPomPom

Would I qualify? I don't play the cello, but I am listening every night to my 9 year old daughter practising for her grade one cello exam. My favourite pice therefore at the moment would be Valsette!


Join Here

Post 25

radiantjoiedevivre


I reckon that if someone does not reply we should ask to form a subsidiary of the Cello club such as the Cello lovers Club!!

Then both of us would qualify.

How super to have a duaghter who is learning to play the cello.

Wonderfull !!

Kind regards

Christiane
Radiantjoiedevivre smiley - bubbly


Join Here

Post 26

LellyPomPom

It is a lovely thing, actually. She has been learning for a couple of years now, and it really has taken her a while to get to grips with it! But with her first exam approaching, she has taken to practising a lot, and the improvement has been super to hear.

Here's to the founder members of the Cello Lovers Club!

Lesley


Join Here

Post 27

radiantjoiedevivre

Hi Lesley,

Lucky you. Having your children and everyone round you.

I remember taking my eldest granddaughter to a wonderful concert in Hong Kong. I cannot remember which grand orchestra had comeout from Europe to give a week of concerts. We were sitting listening to some wonderful Tchaikovsky and suddenly little Jenny - who was about eight at the time turned and said to me

"Gran, is that music the same as the music I dance to at ballet? "

The fact that at such an early age she was able to recognise the "style" of a composer fascinated me. I had high hopes for her having a musical career, but she opted for economics instaed.

smiley - sadface

Kind regards

Christiane.
RJDV smiley - bubbly


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more