A Conversation for rhyl, denbighshire, north wales

when was this ??

Post 1

Grandpa BIRIYANI

Was this a recent visit you had ??
We have freinds there & it doesnt seem that bad !!


when was this ??

Post 2

dusk

I live there, hence the coment about it been better to viset than to live there.


when was this ??

Post 3

Grandpa BIRIYANI

Hi.smiley - smiley..I cant rememeber wot they call the area but theres a shell garage,near a victoria wine shop & comp school...about 5mins up road from morrisons....

smiley - erm....I hope it wont be 5 months for a reply to this ???smiley - biggrin


when was this ??

Post 4

dusk

vail road, thats one of the nicer airas of town, one of my friend lives there.
sorry, i kind of didnt knoticce the mesage, ops!


when was this ??

Post 5

Grandpa BIRIYANI

Oh,& is it bungalow city up that way ?? smiley - winkeye...smiley - erm I know its past Ronald way....


when was this ??

Post 6

dusk

bunglow city is sotr of by where i live and along brincuynin road, but extends in that direction.


when was this ??

Post 7

Grandpa BIRIYANI

I dint mean to offend ya wiv the Bungalow city punsmiley - winkeye,,its just that where I live a bungalow is rare....

BTW,,,them seaguls u got down there r more like emu'ssmiley - biggrin...yet again,a rare sight round here,,,smiley - erm spk laters ??


when was this ??

Post 8

dusk

thats what that aira is like, at lest you arnt one of the summer populants of the caravan city all along the coast.
no affence to anyone but it gets realy anoying when the population of the aire dobbles over night.


when was this ??

Post 9

Grandpa BIRIYANI

A bloke I work with is moving from Sheffield to Kimmel Bay,he says its quiet smiley - winkeye

Will u be moving away from the area then ?


when was this ??

Post 10

dusk

i've alreddy gone, for the summer at least.
but yer i plan to live else where as soon as i can.
ask him what month he viseted kimmel bay, coz thats in caravan city, not quite as bad as towyn, but still should think its pritty bussy at the mo.


when was this ??

Post 11

Grandpa BIRIYANI

Hello again smiley - smiley next week them freinds of ours r comin to stay wiv us,,,smiley - erm...maybe I'll ask em to post a few posts to ya ?? smiley - biggrin..


when was this ??

Post 12

dusk

i think i'll just smiley - run and


when was this ??

Post 13

Grandpa BIRIYANI

smiley - winkeye I might be even available to spk Welsh to ya ???,,,providing I'm not wazzledsmiley - biggrin


when was this ??

Post 14

dusk

chi sharad cymraeg?
ond beth ydy wazzeled wyt i'n (meen) (drunk)?


when was this ??

Post 15

Grandpa BIRIYANI

smiley - winkeye...I aint a clue wot the 1st bit was but yep,,,it meant I had a few of the old smiley - ale or 4..its my polite way of saying ******

R u Welsh then ??...(Dunno if I asked B4) smiley - smiley


when was this ??

Post 16

dusk

kind of, i was born in england but have lived in wales since i was 6 months old mines 2 years when i went back to england.


when was this ??

Post 17

U3938817

Ultimate home for me is around Buckley/Mold/Flint (born in Buckley, lived in the other two, family in all three and in Mostyn. oh, AND Liverpool, but everyone from North Wales has family in Liverpool)

Rhyl was the nearest place for a cheap family holiday as a kid, so I got to know the coast well between Prestatyn and Abergele.

In adulthood? Served in the Fusiliers, vaguely intended to get a job in mining or the steelworks after discharge, with my impeccable sense of timing I got discharged from the Army just in time for the Strike. Had to conclude that thanks to Thatcher there wasn't a future in Wales, so I emigrated to England. I live and work in Manchester, but go back often.

Rhyl has the appalling fascination of a mouth ulcer. You know you have to keep digging your tongue in to check it still hurts, you can't help yourself?

Well, I have to keep going back to Rhyl to see if it can't get any MORE squalid.

I think I can see how it happened - up until the early Seventies most British families hadn't been on holiday outside Britain, the most they could afford was the nearest seaside resort for a week. So places like Rhyl flourished. And from the late seventies on, it became no more expensive to take that same week in Spain. So what would you do and where would you go on holiday, if Rhyl and the Costa Blanca are much the same price?

Exactly... and if Rhyl mortgages its future to do all that expensive building on the seafront and STILL nobody comes to spend their holiday there... the only conclusion is that the place is dying a a slow death and it ain't going to get much better.

And down the road, Llandudno, always a more "upmarket" resort, still thrives - I suppose because it was never dependent on the 2chav" end of the holiday market.


when was this ??

Post 18

dusk

yer i tends to be llandudno that gets all the cotches full of day trippers they zoom past rhyl on the a55.

i've seen pictures of how the aria was when my gran use to go on holiday there when she was little and i looked so nice then, just a shame that i really has gond down hill in the last few decads.

hopfully something will sort it out, but i'm not sure what (been less pecimistic than my friends who sugest a bulldozzer) but it is a shame in a way how it is.

i've moved away now for uni but i when back to see familly and bumped into friends from school and it just seem so odd that for that town people ether get out (go to uni ect) or just stay there and thats all there doing is just refusing to leve or do anyting other than hanground the same places as they did when they were 14.


Key: Complain about this post