A Conversation for Was the War on Iraq Legal?

Saddam in Western "REAL POLITIK"

Post 1

Alfredo


Just saw another docu about the rule of saddam from the very beginning untill today = his trial in Bagdad (end of 2005) and why the Western countries want to keep it fast and low profile.

Saddam knew very well, that he was supported by the West = USA and Europe.
A kind of "realpolitik" = politics based on hard facts;

1- Iran was in war with Irak and Irak was in war with Iran.
Both were not allowed to win. A winner would become a superpower =
very dangerous situation.

2- Irak had and has an enormous amount of oil. No need to neglect that

3- The West supported dictators in the Middle East,like Irak. Irak was and is a country full of religious and ethnic tensions and it is clear also that it should remain a united country to prevent very dangerous chaos in the Middle East.

So there were reasons not to easily neglect "the reality os Saddam",
without real dangerous implications.

Saddam even consúlted the Americans befóre he entered Kuwait. I could see on TV myself today,the ambassador of the USA government entering the office of Saddam and telling him, that she (female ambassador) was planning to go "on vacation for the next two weeks". Direct orders from Washington of course.It's OK, we will look at the other direction...

So Saddam made war with Kouwait and when he was later on wiped out by the coalition forces, Bush 1 called on the radio withín (!!) Irak "to
uprise agaínst Saddam!"
And when they díd uprise in the South and North, the Western forces stood aside. They even protécted by their airplanes the helicopters of Saddam that had started their genocide in the South and North!

Comment of a politician from those days is, that Bush 1 asked them to revolt against Saddam, so that they could win in Kouwait and return home. "In war and love everything is allowed" ,he added, as if Saddam could éver win the war.

Here I draw a very big red line......................

In my own opinion, there was ábsolutely NOT ANY NECESSATY - INEVITABILITY to play politics thát dirty as they did.


4-And there appeared to be a fourth reason for smiling at Saddam.
Irak was/is a very rich country with a very highly educated population. "Why kill a potential rich customer"?

Another RED LINE. Every civilized human being should draw a red line here. Morals are for the difficult times, not for the easy times.


So "Realpolitik"(German word) can be - often - convincing to me, because life itself can be very, very cinical.
But in thís history, it also covers up the wishes to win in Kuwait somewhat easier and not wanting to kill a potential great customer for the West.

Admitting to these two goals has nóthing to do with "REALPOLITIK".
It is messy, perverted and a decadent attack by the West at human dignity within Irak.

It shows whats behind our Western masks of "civilization".

Yes, France too, Germany, The Netherlands, Russia, etc. etc.



Greetings from Amsterdam


Key: Complain about this post

Saddam in Western "REAL POLITIK"

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more