A Conversation for Perfect health

So how do you explain...

Post 1

Mu Beta

1) The World Health Organisation's decision to start a programme of funding to combat heart disease in Vanuatu?

http://www.worldheart.org/demonstration-rheumatic-fever.php

2) The fact that this alleged species of tuna doesn't appear to exist.

B


So how do you explain...

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

It's just a banned researcher with a new account, trying to wind people up.

Life must be very boring in Leo McKern Towers!

smiley - yawn


So how do you explain...

Post 3

Mu Beta

I know. But I'm addicted to feeding trolls. smiley - winkeye

B


So how do you explain...

Post 4

glutenfreetuna

Ah but not in southern Vanuatu! The islanders show no signs of aging and osteoarthritis doesn't exist either in this small community. All down to this little fish. The drug and food companies are trying to suppress this discovery, and I suspect you are in the employment of one or other of these corrupt corporations.


So how do you explain...

Post 5

Mu Beta

Yes. That's right. I work for John West.

What I suspect has happened here is that you have latched onto the fact that _tinned_ tuna has gluten added, to make the brine that it comes in more viscous. The people of Southern (and, indeed Northern too, I suspect) Vanuatu probably don't get a lot of tinned tuna, because they catch the damn things straight out the ocean.

Gluten is a wheat protein and is unlikely therefore to found in fish. As far as I'm aware, fish and cereal crops do not share a genetic heritage.

Perhaps the word that your addled brain is actually looking for is 'glutamate', an amino acid found in most living things.

B


So how do you explain...

Post 6

glutenfreetuna

Err, no, I'm not referring to glutamate at all. Why should I be? You may be proud of the fact you know what glutamate is but do you know what it does?


So how do you explain...

Post 7

glutenfreetuna

If there was an amino acid you would want to eliminate from tuna it would be histidine BTW


So how do you explain...

Post 8

Mu Beta

OK, so if you're so sure, how do you explain the presence of wheat protein in fish?

B


So how do you explain...

Post 9

glutenfreetuna

What exactly lead you to take any of this seriously enough to do some research?


So how do you explain...

Post 10

Mu Beta

The fact that you evidently take great delight in summarily dismissing other people research.

Admitted you're talking rubbish yet?

B


So how do you explain...

Post 11

glutenfreetuna

Sorry, that reply doesn't quite make sense. I see you are part of the in-crowd and feel the need to defend the status quo!

I'm very sorry you don't appreciate irony. Are you worried about the deadly poison dihydrogen monoxide?


So how do you explain...

Post 12

Mu Beta

I have never associated myself with any clique or crowd on h2g2, and I certainly do not have any respect for the status quo.

"I'm very sorry you don't appreciate irony."

See John West comment, above.

And I think you're pulling your dihydrogen monoxide 'joke' on the wrong person. I'm a Chemistry teacher.

B


So how do you explain...

Post 13

glutenfreetuna

You're a chemistry teacher but you still took this seriously enough to do some research?

BTW do you understand my comment about histidine?


So how do you explain...

Post 14

Mu Beta

I've not spent a lot of time on amino acids, but I do know that it does a good job of aggravating stomach acid.

B


So how do you explain...

Post 15

glutenfreetuna

I was referring to scombrotoxin.


So how do you explain...

Post 16

glutenfreetuna

I think you're getting confused with histamine BTW


So how do you explain...

Post 17

Mu Beta

**shrugs** One's a precursor of the other. In the primordial soup there's not a lot of difference.

B


So how do you explain...

Post 18

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

<>

Don't you just hate it when you go round correcting other people's spelling/grammar then make a glaring error yourself?


So how do you explain...

Post 19

glutenfreetuna

Yeah right! I don't call a typo a glaring error! My excuse is I didn't have anything to copy from...smiley - tongueout


So how do you explain...

Post 20

glutenfreetuna

Strangely, I thought that was what peer review was for? My point is that the process does not work!

When have I commented on someone's grammar, pray tell?

It should not escape your notice that posts are not intended for review and acceptance for the Guide surely?


Key: Complain about this post